Full or Part-time
United States of America
Years in the field:
20 – 25 Years
Areas of Expertise
Curatorial/Collections, Development/Sponsorship/Institutional Advancement, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Access, Education, Exhibits development, Finance, Information/Technology/Digital, Project Management, Professional Development, Research & Evaluation, Security/Safety, Strategic Planning, Other
Walt Disney Imagineering Lake Buena Vista,
Senior Curator / Exhibition Designer 1998 – 2020
- Key member of Exhibits Team driving expansion and funding development of Walt Disney World’s Exhibits Program.
Curator, Registrar & Collections Manager
- Drove research and development, artifact procurement, domestic and international lender relationships, and logistics for exhibit installations.
- Initiated upgrades in casework, environment, lighting, security, and visuals, resulting in improved borrowing capacity from leading global museums, including The Smithsonian.
- Handled facility reports, shipping, and documentation of artifacts, including collection database management.
- Monitored ongoing care and inspection of gallery facilities and artifacts / objects on loan and in storage.
- Collaborated with Legal and Risk Management to fulfill loan contracts and insurance requirements.
- Led educational tours of exhibitions for employees, executives, and visiting museum professionals.
- Conducted primary topic research, and developed exhibition themes and content to create immersive, compelling, diverse, and relevant stories, delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Represented Walt Disney Imagineering on domestic and international ambassadorial trips to foster relationships with prospective museums and institutions, providing key subject matter expertise.
- Established key global relationships, including Moroccan government and museums across Norway and Sweden, securing rarely seen artifacts.
- Supported all aspects of exhibition projects, including concept development, strategic planning, design and fabrication, budget management, plan implementation, exhibit installations, and gallery facility management.
- Directed exhibit installations, coordinating detailed schedules, fast-tracked timelines, and courier travel arrangements.
- Ensured cross-functional compliance with environmental, security, and maintenance requirements.
Visual Design & User Experience
- Provided expertise to determine overall visual looks for exhibits, show set design, and case layout.
- Partnered with Exhibit Writers and Graphic Designers to create clear hierarchical flow of information for guests.
Environmental & Materials Requirements
- Oversaw case design and fabrication, including security systems, and served as key point of contact for museum casework vendors.
- Reviewed concept development and strategic milestones with Walt Disney Executives.
RECENT WALT DISNEY WORLD EXHIBITIONS:
- Race Against the Sun: Ancient Technique to Modern Competition | Epcot, Morocco Pavilion | 2019
- Creating Tradition: Innovation and Change in American Indian Art | Epcot, American Adventure Pavilion | 2018
- Gods of the Vikings | Epcot, Norway Pavilion | 2017
- American Presidents: Public Lives, Personal Memories | Magic Kingdom, Hall of Presidents | 2017
- First Ladies in Focus | Magic Kingdom, Hall of Presidents | 2017
- Disney Conservation Fund | Animal Kingdom, Conservation Station | 2015
PRIOR CAREER EXPERIENCE:
- Curatorial Consultant | Civic Center Museum | Philadelphia, PA
Supported documentation, conservation, and archival packaging of internationally diverse 20K-piece collection.
- Field Technician | Temple University Archaeology Department | Philadelphia, PA
Crewmember of 3-acre excavation of 4,000-year-old prehistoric Native American workshop and temporary campsite.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook | Adobe Acrobat | KE Emu Electronic Museum Database
- Museum Expertise Object Handling | Mounts | Conservation Requirements
- Florida Native Plant Society | Member & Event Coordinator for major fundraising event Backyard Biodiversity Day 2021
- Penn Museum, University of Pennsylvania Museum of Anthropology & Archaeology
- American Alliance of Museums (AAM)
- International Council of Museums (ICOM)
- Southeastern Museums Conference (SEMC)
TRAININGS & CONFERENCES
- Museum conference attendance in Milan, Toronto, Seattle & Chicago
- Northern States Conservation Center | Museum Artifacts: How they were made and how they deteriorate
- Northern States Conservation Center | Exhibit Fundamentals
- Benchmark | Mountmaking Seminar
- Bachelor of Arts | Temple University | Philadelphia, PA
- Graduate Coursework in Anthropology at Temple University