United States of America
Years in the field:
1 – 5 Years
Areas of Expertise
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Access, Education, Events, Exhibits development, Guest/Visitor Services, Outreach and Public Engagement, Project Management, Volunteer Programs, Youth/Teen Programs
- Served as an AmeriCorps VISTA volunteer for a year as a Volunteer Outreach Coordinator.
- Managed and organized 70 volunteers for annual fundraiser. Worked hand in hand with the development team and event planner to make the event run smoothly.
- Leveraged volunteers to meet 7+ community partner needs for programs throughout the year.
- Worked in a team to facilitate three large scale programs throughout the year.
- Acted as a media liaison during program events.
- Updated and managed volunteer database.
- Partnered with AmeriCorps VISTA Education Team to create a service learning program
- Educated approximately 1500 students abouth the Truckee River watershed with this program.
- Assisted the Program and Education AmeriCorps VISTA with their Teacher Training Programs.
- Taught approximately 3500 students at the Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum for NGSS aligned field trips between Jan 2019 and March 2020.
- Lead programs in the museum maker-space.
- Ran museum programming throughout the museum engaging visitors in many topics ranging from Truckee River Watershed, Chemistry, Art and Science, ect.
- Created museum programming for the summer of 2019 and Fall 2019 : 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 landing, LGBT STEM Day, Mars Rover and NASA engineering.
- Updated and standardized existing science demonstrations, curriculum, and safety forms.
- Researched and developed 8 new science demonstration between May 2019 and March 2020.
- Created 2 museum exhibits: Radio Astronomy in Pop Culture and wrote and designed a Table Top Role Playing Game for a Spark!Lab theme Play!
- Was Head of the Annual Trick -Or- Treat in the museum committee
- Planned out the theme and then tasked other memebers of the committee with ensuring the museum was decorated
- Worked with volunteer coordinator to ensure that we had enough volunteers to pass out candy.
- Organized the 51st annual Student History Conference at the University of South Dakota
- Reached out to universities to advertise the conference
- Was the point of contact for conference submissions
- Recruited volunteers to be readers for submissions and panel judges
- Worked with faculty advisor to secure two key note speakers for the conference.
Archive and Collections
- Provided Assistance to the Museum Curator at the Wilbur D. May Museum in updating our archival database.
- Was an Intern at the University of South Dakota Archivea and the South Dakota Oral History Center.
- Was an Intern at the National Music Museum in Vermillion, South Dakota assiting with an IMLS grant.