Years in the field:
20 – 25 Years
Areas of Expertise
Distance/Digital Learning, Events, Exhibits development, Professional Development, Strategic Planning
I started my museum career at the Science Museum in London, where I worked on the Wellcome Wing Millennium extension before joining the commercial partnership Science of… creating blockbuster exhibitions for the global market place.
I set up Foulger & Foulger Limited in 2010 to provide interpretation and content development, research, brief and text writing to creative agencies, businesses and cultural organisations around the world. My projects have combined a wide variety of media including museum artefacts, physical interactives and immersive digital environments, as well as workshop activities and solely digitally delivered content.
On all my projects, I bring skills in structuring and developing complex content to forge engaging, audience focussed experiences. I have collaborated widely with a range of technical and creative disciplines on projects both large and small, working as an integrated part of projects team, or as a standalone consultant.
The following projects demonstrate some of the range of my experience:
- SpyScape, New York. Working with owner/investors, content experts, architects and creative consultants on this commercial visitor experience about secrecy and spying.
- The Usain Bolt Experience, Jamaica. Under the creative direction of Theseus Agency, I developed the experience strategy and content for this planned new visitor attraction.
- World of Molecular Biology, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg. Working with scientists, designers and digital agencies to develop graphic and exhibit texts and scripts for a major public exhibition about the work of the laboratory.
- Media Majlis, Northwestern University, Qatar. Developing an interpretive strategy and text writing on an exhibition exploring the cultural impact of Arabic language serial dramas.
- Children’s Gallery, Natural History Museum, London, UK. Working with museum management, staff and consultants to develop a vision and approach for a unique, new under 8s gallery.
- Andy Warhol exhibition, AlUla, KSA. Developing workshops and digital activities with the Andy Warhol Museum and KCA London.
- Rebuilding the Foundations, South West Museums, UK. Audience development advice and planning for ten museums across Gloucestershire.