Full or Part-time
United States of America
Years in the field:
11 – 15 Years
Areas of Expertise
Administrative Support, Camp Programs, Education, Events, Explainer/guide, Intern Programs, Outreach and Public Engagement, Project Management, Volunteer Programs
Below is a curated list of my most recent work experiences in education.
- Seasonal Assessment Scorer, Cognia (formerly Measured Progress), 2011-2021. Evaluated student responses to standardized test questions on math and science for grades 3-12. I like learning new things, including the many ways that a student can interpret and solve a problem. This recurring seasonal position is through a staffing agency (TCW Global, Kelly Services).
- Education Director/Community Educator, WOW! Children's Museum, 2011-2018. Developed, coordinated, and delivered programs for ages 3-8, at WOW! and at outreach locations such as schools and libraries.
- Museum Educator/Project Coordinator for Passport to Health, Denver Museum of Nature & Science, 2007-2011. Directed grant-funded obesity prevention programs for underserved 5th graders. Taught onsite and outreach science programs for ages 3 to adult.
- Science Educator, WOW! Children's Museum, 2006-2008. Designed and delivered fun, interactive science activities for ages 3-11. My first paying informal education gig!
- Science Task Force Volunteer, Broomfield Library, 2005-2019. Planned and coordinated hands-on science programs to educate and entertain ages 9-14. This was the experience that sparked my career in museum education.
- Crafternoons Volunteer, Broomfield Library, 2021. Assisted with craft programs for Senior Services.
Please visit my LinkedIn profile for more information: www.linkedin.com/in/ReneeGuerrero.