top of page
United States of America
Years in the field:
Areas of Expertise
Development/Sponsorship/Institutional Advancement, Grants/Foundational Giving, Marketing & Communications, Senior Leadership, Outreach and Public Engagement, Partnerships, Project Management, Strategic Planning
- MUSEUM OF SCIENCE, Boston, MA Apr 2017 – May 2020
- Director – Partnerships and Market Development
- Expanded international visibility, reputation, engagement, impact and revenue in North America, Asia, Australia and Europe.
- · Led market research, engagement and negotiations to bring The Science behind Pixar to over 600,000 people and drive millions of dollars in revenue from tours in Canada, Asia and Europe.
- · Expanded and deepened the Museum of Science brand in Europe and Asia with peer institutions leading to new market opportunities and new business for traveling exhibits and engineering curriculum.
- · Opened Australia Market to Engineering is Elementary Curriculum, Multi-million dollar grant enabling implementation in every State and Territory of the country.
- RUTGERS UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION, New Brunswick, NJ Jun 2015 – Mar 2017
- Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
- Raised millions of dollars in significant new funding and developed strategic collaborations in support of Basic Science Research for the School of Arts and Science.
- · Secured foundational support for the Center for Quantum Materials Synthesis from the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation creating an international resource and facility for this new field.
- · Established/grew new funding initiatives for the Mathematics Department with the Simons Foundation enabling faculty to conduct new research.
- LAMONT-DOHERTY EARTH OBSERVATORY, COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, New York, NY Jun 2013 – Jun 2015
- Director of Strategic Initiatives, Development and External Relations
- · Increased fundraising revenue by 40%, growing research, outreach and educational programming around earth sciences and climate change.
- · Redesigned website - ldeo.columbia.edu -making more information accessible to the public and academics.
- · Expanded media relations, community outreach and visibility initiatives around climate change research growing engagement with key audiences.
- IEEE (INSTITUTE OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS) – Piscataway, NJ Sep 2006 – Jun 2013
- Senior Director, Global Business Development
- · Developed and implemented a global business growth strategy focused on Europe, China, Japan, and India.
- · Built an International team of 24, and four offices, to extend policy, scholarly programs, standards development, university education, conference activities and publishing.
- · Established partnerships with governments, non-governmental organizations, corporations and academic institutions to extend and enhance strategic priorities.
- · Created a platform for engineers to apply technology and engineering solutions in the developing world via engineeringforchange.org in partnership with ASME and Engineers Without Borders.
- Director, Corporate and Foundation Partnerships
- · Launched social impact partnerships with: United Nations Foundation, Vodafone Foundation, and corporate professional development and business partnerships with IBM and Boeing.
- · Increased philanthropic support and managed the IEEE Foundation and staff.
- · Drove special projects to promote growth in emerging markets: India and China.
- FOUNDATION OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE AND DENTISTRY OF NJ, New Brunswick, NJ Sep 2004 – Aug 2006
- Senior Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations
- · Created the Corporate and Foundation Relations program for the largest public health sciences university in the nation.
- · Raised more than $20M within 14 months, supervised Corporate and Foundation Relations staff.
- · Led strategy development, relationship building, solicitation and stewardship of major corporations (pharmaceutical, biotechnology) and philanthropic foundations.
- RUTGERS, THE STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY, New Brunswick, NJ Aug 2001 – Sep 2004
- Director of Development
- · Developed an advisory board and successfully exceeded multi-million dollar capital campaign.
- KPMG LLP, Montvale, NJ Dec 1997 – Aug 2001
- Director, Marketing Communications
- · Initiated and implemented Monitor client satisfaction program for elite Fortune 500 clients.
- · Generated $20M in revenue per year through an alumni relations new business development initiative.
- · Pioneered a national employee engagement/community involvement program, Involve, for 100,000 staff.
- RUTGERS UNIVERSITY, THE STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY, New Brunswick, NJ Mar 1994 – Dec 1997
- Assistant Director, Center for Math, Science & Computer Education
- · Directed, and implemented all facets of a $1.6 million National Science Foundation funded public engagement initiative for underserved urban families in math and science.
- · Spokesperson, advocate, fund raiser and developer of public-private partnerships.
- MCI COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION, Rye Brook, NY Sep 1991 – Mar 1992
- Communications Manager
- · Created and grew government, community relations and philanthropic programs.
- YALE UNIVERSITY, New Haven, CT Mar 1989 – Sep 1991
- Assistant Director of Communications
- · Developed strategy, content and design of collateral, news and media for Yale’s $1.5 billion capital campaign
- UNITED STATES SENATE, U.S. Senator Frank Lautenberg, Washington, DC Aug 1986 – Jun 1988
- Legislative Aide
- · Conducted research and analysis on policy and proposed legislation focusing on education and federal budget.
- · Composed speeches, liaised with Federal and State Executive and Legislative branches.
- B.A., Political Science/International Relations, RUTGERS COLLEGE, RUTGERS UNIVERSITY, New Brunswick, NJ (May 1986)
- SCIENCE FOUNDATION IRELAND, Discovery Programme Panel Reviewer (2018, 2019)
bottom of page