Keri A. Giannotti
United States of America
Years in the field:
6 – 10 Years
Areas of Expertise
Administrative Support, Distance/Digital Learning, Docent Programs, Education, Events, Explainer/guide, Intern Programs, Outreach and Public Engagement, Partnerships, Project Management, Professional Development, Volunteer Programs, Youth/Teen Programs
My name is Keri A. Giannotti. I am a full-time social studies teacher with experience in United States History and Government. I have worked part-time at the New Jersey Vietnam Veterans' Memorial Foundation since 2016 as their Museum Educator. I am interested in project consultation in Museum Education in terms of professional development projects and lesson plans.
I also come with filming and editing experience for your audio and visual needs in so far as tours and podcasts. In addition, I am a curriculum consultant for Social Studies School Services and have experience with various national and state social studies standards.
My responsibilities at the NJVVMF include, but I am open to discussion on what else I can help with:
Professional Development and Training:
- Planning, executing, and evaluating Professional Development Offendings, including the Annual Interdisciplinary Forum.
- Training our cadre of Vietnam Veteran Volunteer Tour Guides on tour updates, special exhibits, diversity, equality, and inclusion.
- Recruitment, onboarding, and management of College and University Interns in addition to our High School Internship Program.
Curriculum and Content Development
- Creation of Vietnam Era Lessons which align with the NJ Student Learning Standards for Social Studies and the C3 Standards for Social Studies
- Creation of Educational Materials for our Special Exhibits
- Development of Curriculum Outreach Programs Such as Traveling Trunks, You Be the Curator Kits, and Memorials on the Go.
- Liaison for the organization in our partnership with East Brunswick High School student-lead Oral History Project
- Lead developer of our Educator Portal, which would house resources for teachers
- Editor of the digital update of Jerry Starr’s The Vietnam War
- Focus on telling a more inclusive story of the Vietnam War Era with a focus on the narratives of African Americans, Women, and the Vietnamese, among others
On-site and Off-site Experiential Learning Development
- Development of the tour guide training manual
- Author of the official script for the Memorial Tour and the Museum Tour to be used for the virtual experiences
- Development and execution of the Virtual Scholarship Tour Series to support students who could not make it on-site for our Annual Scholarship Essay Competition
- Development and production of our Virtual Tour Experience of both The Memorial and Museum
- Consultant on the Virtual Vet Visit Project, our teleconferencing with school districts, and our Vietnam Veteran Volunteers
- Creation of the Educational Budget
- Collaboration a Public Programming and our Annual Ceremonies on behalf of the Foundation with a student participation piece.
- Creation of marketing content such as blogs, vlogs, social media posts, and digital videos to promote events, programs, and engagement.
- Collaborations with staff, volunteers, outside organizations, and consultants
- Report to the Executive Director and submit quarterly progress reports to the Board of Trustees
Networking and Partnerships
- Building and strengthening educational partnerships with organizations with similar goals, such as; The Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation, The National Congressional Medal of Honor Museum, The Vietnam Veterans Fund (The Wall), the New Jersey Council for the Humanities, The New Jersey Historical Commission, Monmouth University, the United States of America: Vietnam War Commemoration, The New Jersey Social Studies Council, the National Council for the Social Studies, among others.
- Continue to work with the Vietnamese Community of New Jersey to tell a more inclusive story of the Vietnam War Era.
- Chair of the Educator’s Roundtable
A working group of New Jersey teachers who contribute lesson plans and evaluate the organization's programs and offerings.
- Co-Chair of Educational Committee
A committee featuring Vietnam Scholars from across the country and leading educational facilitators to advise on carrying out our strategic plan and educational programming
- Co-Chair of the 25th Anniversary of the Vietnam Era Museum and Educational Center
In 2023, the organization will celebrate the 25th Anniversary of being the first and only museum in the country devoted to the Vietnam Era. This committee is charged with organizing events and publicity surrounding this celebration.
- Member of the Annual Scholarship Committee
On the committee that selects the two scholarship-winning essays from New Jersey High School Seniors