Full or Part-time
United States of America
Years in the field:
6 – 10 Years
Areas of Expertise
Administrative Support, Distance/Digital Learning, Education, Events, Explainer/guide, Intern Programs, Membership Programs, Outreach and Public Engagement, Partnerships, Project Management, Strategic Planning
My experience is in public programming, media production, non-profit management, journalism, and teaching at the college level. I transitioned to Director of Live Arts and Lectures at the Art Institute of Chicago in 2014 from KQED Public Media in San Francisco, bringing my experience as an award-winning executive producer, producer, journalist and on-camera host for television and emerging media. I also taught media arts and journalism at Columbia College Chicago full-time for two years, and still teach as an adjunct.
My background includes:
* Experience in all aspects of non-profit management: programming, personnel & financial management, fund-raising, grant writing and strategic planning.
* Co-managing and producing public talk and performance programming for a world-class art museum.
* Public media leadership and strategic planning to navigate the challenges and opportunities of a rapidly changing media environment.
* Teaching media arts and journalism to college students and working professionals.
* Executive producing news and public affairs television programs.
* Creating and managing cross-platform news, arts, and other projects for the web and broadcast.
* Producing, writing and hosting documentaries and video stories for the web and broadcast.
* Creating videos for events, exhibits and websites.
* Developing partnerships with independent producers, and news, arts, science and community organizations.
* Providing production and video consulting services to arts, cultural and media organizations.