United States of America
Years in the field:
20 – 25 Years
Areas of Expertise
Education, Events, Exhibits development, Explainer/guide, Senior Leadership, Operations, Outreach and Public Engagement, Partnerships, Project Management, Strategic Planning
Innovative museum professional with over 25 years of experience in informal and formal STEM education. Proven ability to create engaging exhibitions and programs for museum audiences. Expertise in:
• Exhibition Design and Fabrication
• Program Design and Development
• Personnel Training & Management
• Organizational Operations
• Partnership Development
• Strategic Planning
I design and build physical interactive exhibits, develop hands-on experiences, and lead teams in delivering interventions that inspire curiosity and creativity in STEAM.
• Founding Director – Lead the planning and development of the exhibition experiences for the creation of the Scott Family Amazeum. Advised on architectural plans for the 55,000 ft2 facility.
• Creative Leadership – Formed the Studio for Creative Innovation at the Amazeum. Lead a team of designers, engineers, and artists engaged in developing and fabricating museum exhibitions, creating hands-on experiences, and providing creative design services for other organizations and museums.
• Community Partnership Development - Forged and sustained collaborative relationships with local universities, research institutions and civic organizations and corporate partners resulting in ongoing public programs, exhibition creation, and collaborative development of workshops and public programs.
• Maker Residency – Established the Amazeum’s Maker (Artist) Residency program, resulting in the collaborative creation of multiple cross-disciplinary exhibits, interactive public art pieces, and hands-on workshops.
• Program Development – Developed and implemented numerous programs and events ranging from demonstration stage shows, collaborative art projects, adult programs, public science and technology festivals, and professional development workshops.