Full or Part-time
United States of America
Years in the field:
6 – 10 Years
Areas of Expertise
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Access, Information/Technology/Digital, Marketing & Communications, Outreach and Public Engagement, Project Management, Professional Development, Social Media, Other
- Founder | Brand + Content Strategist
- Ana Taylor Consulting | Minneapolis, MN | 2010-Present
- Brand development for personal brands and small businesses to meet client and partner needs.
- Hold ideation, discovery and strategy meetings to understand business needs and content goals.
- Create and implement brand and communications strategies, including writing mission and vision statements.
- Provide insight for audience engagement opportunities/ strategic counseling skills to help brands reach their potential.
- Strategic digital communications consultation and planning utilizing brand development, social media strategy and content creation.
- Translate business goals into unique brand solutions using graphic design, photography and video.
- Create branded visual stories through multimedia content creation to authentically engage audiences.
- Assistant Photographer
- Minneapolis Institute of Arts (Mia)| Minneapolis, MN | 07/2014-06/2020
- Led and coordinated visual content creation, authentically engaging audiences through branded storytelling and content creation strategy for a globally renowned art museum.
- Content Strategy + Project Management:
- Acted as project manager for multiple creative projects with cross functional contributors; championed cross divisional collaboration efforts with marketing, design, and curatorial teams to meet project objectives and deliverables.
- Managed multiple project requests simultaneously and facilitated team communications by leading production meetings throughout the project life-cycle, including managing project expectations and scope with internal stakeholders.
- Proactively pitched creative ideas that promoted Mia’s mission, strategic direction and business goals, which resulted in Mia Voices (a video series, blending artistic imagery with visitor interviews to present diverse personal experiences and interpretations of art).
- Managed work flow of and proactively sought opportunities to build positive relationships with freelance event photographers to showcase museum events such as Mia’s annual fundraising Gala, exhibition openings, and community events.
- Review and conduct quality control of freelance photographers.
- Created authentic visual stories that engaged audiences, achieved strategic objectives, and shared the organizational and community story of the museum.
- Led, art directed, produced and created multimedia photo and video content for multi platform museum engagement that supported marketing initiatives, strategic plans and business goals.
- Optimized multimedia content for various digital channels.
- Led, Coordinated and facilitated monthly reading group focused on equitable museum practices.
- Presented at divisional and all staff meetings about Diversity, Equity Accessibility and Inclusion (DEAI) initiatives.
- Transformed monthly division meetings by leading the development of a new DEAI divisional program focused on anti oppression learning, which was adopted across multiple divisions and departments across the organization.
- Co-chaired Cultural Fluency Work Group, with an operating budget of $6,000 annually.
- Effectively launched an all-staff museum wide monthly “Cultural Fluency Learning Sparks” focused on DEAI education, with strong teamwork and collaboration.
- Mentored interns over a three year time period, teaching photography techniques and best practices.
- Marketing Director + Dance Instructor
- Kizomba Mpls Dance Company | Minneapolis, MN | 07/2017-12/2019
- Led strategic content creation and content marketing initiatives for a dance company that teaches Kizomba, a partner dance from Angola.
- Increased school’s Instagram followers by 42% through authentic and engaging visual storytelling of students and their passion for dance.
- Established and implemented brand and communications strategy.
- Served as Marketing Director, developing overall marketing and brand strategy, creating branded content for online marketing and advertising initiatives.
- Managed online community engagement and coordinated publication of digital content.
- Created inspiring content that explained complex dance terms and techniques.
- Led and taught beginner and advanced dance classes, teaching adult students of diverse ages and skill levels.
- Built a community of diverse people who love to dance through outreach events, social gatherings, classes, and performances.
- Taymark | Minneapolis, MN | 06/2011-07/2014
- Led photography and video production for a national direct marketing company focused wide range of diverse market segments.
- Engaged middle school youth, teens and senior living communities through targeted marketing approaches through photography and video.
- Led creative productions that elevated the brand image and influenced revenue attainment through catalog production, social media and direct mail marketing campaigns.
- Served as lead producer and photographer on fashion, product, and editorial photo and video productions for three brands across several platforms, including print, web, and social media.
- Oversaw creative projects from conception through production, post-production, and implementation.
- Collaborated with internal stakeholders to translate marketing, product research, and analytics into cohesive content marketing strategies for 3 brands.
- Communicate creative direction with marketing leadership.
- Introduced video production as an advertising tool for web-based marketing.